Original BML Diet - Bourbon's Modified Leadbeater's Recipe for Sugar Gliders
This Original Recipe for the BML Diet (Bourbon's Modified Leadbeater's Diet) is an alteration of the Leadbeater's Diet.
Original BML Diet RecipePut in blender:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg (boiled or microwaved, no shell)
- 1/4 cup apple juice
Blend well, turn off blender, add the following:
- One 4oz bottle premixed Gerber juice with mixed fruit yogurt (mixed fruit)
- 1 TEAspoon Rep-Cal Herpivite Vitamin Supplement (blue label)
Blend until smooth, turn off blender, add the following:
Blend until you reach a very smooth consistency. Pour the BML Diet mixture into Tupperware bowl or ice cube trays, cover, and FREEZE.
- 2 TEAspoons Rep-Cal Calcium Supplement Non-Phosphorous with Vitamin D3 in it (pink label)
- Two 2 1/2 oz. jars of Chicken baby food.
- 1/4 cup Wheat Germ
- 1/2 cup dry baby cereal (mixed or oatmeal)
For one glider, feed 1 TABLEspoon Original BML mix, 1 TABLEspoon fruits, and 1 TABLEspoon vegetables nightly.
Use a frozen bag of mixed vegetables and a frozen bag of mixed fruits.
- If freezing Original BML Diet mixture into ice cube trays, one cube should equal around 2 Tablespoons. You may want to test it out to make sure.
- You should be able to find the Gerber yogurt juice in the baby food aisle. If you can not find it, you can substitute it with 1/4 cup plain yogurt and 1/4 cup mixed fruit juice.
- The baby food chicken does not have the most pleasant smell. The chicken will say either Chicken with Chicken Gravy or Chicken with Chicken Broth. Either one is fine. You can also substitute the chicken with the turkey baby food